Tuesday 10 January 2012

Vintage Henry - A fairytale which should never end!!!


And he is back… Back with a bang… Bang, which will explode your ears… And he is back!!! I have not been blogging for quite sometime now, but this is something which I couldn’t resist. The reason I was off blogging were my day job pressure and Arsenal’s a bit indifferent form. And now when King has returned, I was forced to come out of my self imposed semi retirement…



So the match was going in the same way as Arsenal has been in playing in last couple of weeks. Lots of possession in and around Midfield, no creativity in the final third and no end product either. Ramsey was shooting left, right, top of the goal. I am just wondering, if there was space below the goal he would have drilled a kick there too, but never goal bound!!! I am fed up by players like Ramsey, Walcott, and Gervinho who have good skills, but lack the composure to score or atleast have few on target shots. Ox needs a lot of improvement in his crossing, otherwise he played well. Unlikely live wire was Arshavin, he moved, dribbled beautifully, also had few very good through balls. Miquel played his part and did fine against Leeds, he was like a silent assassin who went about doing his work with publicising it. Szcz made good saves in dying stages of the match to help us win the game. Kos and Squillaci were not tested much. Yennaris came on for Coquelin (who got injured increasing our defensives woes) and he played well without any major mistakes. Song has a very quite game until he provided assist for our goal. He is slowly getting into the habit of providing killer through passes when team is in need of (Ref: game against Aston). Arteta was fouled too many times without getting favours from referee and this rattled his game and was not looking his usual self. Now coming to awful duo of Chamakh and Ramsey; they would have helped the team by not playing at all. They have the brilliance which we see in bits and pieces, but with no zeal to excel upon it!!! Chamakh clearly lacks confidence and Ramsey was trying to be the hero in absence of RVP.

Now onto ‘The King’. The moment he stepped on his home turf, he received an ovation which no other superstar in any sports will get. He started running the channels and was maneuvering his position quite nicely. He was the live wire and intimidating presence which we were missing from a long long time. He came and within 10 Minutes he conquered. (Note to Paul Scholes: This is how you make a comeback!!! ) His position, first touch and finishing were just top notch. I don’t think so anybody would have been able to finish this ball as calmly as Henry did it, not even RVP. The curve on the ball was just amazing. I was just spell bound when the ball entered the goal. And to top it all was the celebration from TH14 (He will always be TH14 for me and I want Walcott to give away the number to someone else and not make a mockery out of it). He was joined by all the team members in that celebration on the team bench, even Szcz ran from his goal to celebrate. He was not buoyed by the occasion and delivered the goods required. He was not over shadowing the team, but helping them achieve like he did in his hay days. I am not expecting anything like this from again, I am not expecting goals from him too. I just want to see him play, to help non performing players like Ramsey, Walcott, Gervinho (if he gets a chance to play with him or have a long chat with him), and Chamakh etc. I also want him to stay here forever. After all this is his home and this is where he belongs, nowhere else. Here are the highlights of the game for you. Also here are bonus video links for you.



On this note I am signing off, hopefully would be writing soon. Pray for me that I am not over burdened by work and I can carry on blogging. By the way you can also follow me on Twitter for updates.

Till next time. Hail Henry….. A fairytale which should never end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;