Friday 11 November 2011

Frustation on Interlull and Gyan Session

Boss/Gaffer/Arsene (Please note I would be using these words to describe him henceforth) has been very critical about the International breaks and rightly so. Sole purpose of this current break is for the teams that has not been able to qualify for Euro’12 properly will get another opportunity in form of play offs. The rest of the international teams have no business playing because either they have already qualified or have failed so badly that they don’t deserve another opportunity.


Boss Says:
“I would propose that we had the smaller teams playing against each other in qualification, with the best ones going through to the European Championships, and that the bigger teams then have the opportunity to be qualified directly.
Of course I have not studied the problems deeply, so I do not say I have the key for the solution, but there is definitely something there that is not right, and I’m sure that the format as it is now has no future. I think there will be more and more disinterest from people.”


At a glance first point seems fair enough, but how to identify who are best and worst ones? FIFA Ranking maybe? But that is also not fool proof, as a team jumps up ranks without playing a single match for months! The main issue which boss raised is of disinterest which is growing day by day. Sure we do enjoy a summer tournament (World Cup, Euro, Copa etc) but that is only because we are so deprived of football that we’ll take anything which comes our way. Our situation is like a person who has been kept on fast for a week and then has been offered a Bitter Melon dish, which we will take it and find good too!!!


Maybe it’s only me who has such kind of views, but not watching football for a weekend makes me kinda cranky!!!


On the other aspect it was heartening to see Mikel finally jelling well with the Midfield. He alone completed 96 Passes in that game, whereas WBA’s whole midfield put together had 108 successful passes registered. This clearly showed we bossed the midfield and returning to our true game, the beautiful football. But still these are early times and we have come a long way from the outrageous start of the season. We have won 9 of our last 11 games in all competitions and resurrected the team. The good work has just started and Mikel has been at heart of things.


Another piece of news I stumbled upon was on Wilshere. Asked by an interviewer if he would promise to stay at Arsenal forever, Jack said:
“I promise that, yeah. I’ve been at the club since I was nine and learned to love it. From the Vieira days, to Bergkamp, Fabregas, I’ve watched them come through and move on. There’s a crop of new players Ramsey, myself, Kieran Gibbs…hopefully we can really create something special. I love the club and I want to be part of its future.”


Those of who have been around the block would know that it is not good for footballers to issue such statements. I mean, who can forget Ca$hri saga? You can never say never, nobody has seen the future etc. But it is heartwarming to hear it! It also strikes me that with a growing crop of players from Arsenal Academy/British players won’t be quite open to change in location, lure of home etc!


On the infrastructure front, Arsenal has now built a state of art Medical centre! It has all the world class amenities and equipments. It has built with the immense scouting by our medical staff on various sports and visiting their facilities, like NBA, NFL, and NHL etc. The old gym which was state of art 10 years ago suddenly started to feel a bit cramped for 50+ first, youth and reserve team players. Trying to do one on one rehab was becoming impossible in previous centre. The new building is only for players who are suffering from injuries or are receiving treatment to prevent one (Which we need badly and I hope everyone will agree with me). I think it’s now safe to say that one player who would love it is Abou Diaby! He has had around 28 stints with our medical team since the horrendous tackle from Dan Smith, might I add a true talent went to a waste because of it.


Well thats too much gyan for today. Until next time. Hail Gunners!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;