Wednesday 16 November 2011

The secret behind the name!!! The secret behind the Game!!! And the secret behind YouTube Fame!!!

People might be thinking why I chose ‘On the Gun Point’ as my Blog name… Reasons are quite simple; firstly I am a Gunner’s fan hence Gun and secondly, since the time I became a fan I have always been On the Gun Point…. From Invincible to trophy droughts I have always been On the Gun Point from rival club’s fans!!! Hence the name….. Follow me on @onthegunpoint at twitter for regular updates on Arsenal and Football!!!
Now I don’t understand whats the mindset of people in my country is, they always follow sports teams/players which are on top and not the ones which have real flair!!! To prove my point I would list a few names, Schumacher for Ferrari was on top when F1 started to pick momentum in India, hence people started following Ferrari, when people saw Federer is on top, they followed him, Same was the case with Football, where ManU were the leaders, so people started following ManU, and then they realized that Red Devils have a long standing rivalry with Reds (LFC) hence people who wanted to be different started following Liverpool… Then came the Arms dealer, who took over Chelsea (Which previously was no better than Wigan of today); and new wannabe fans thought ‘Wow! This team has lot of star players, lets follow them’ and hence Chelsea fans came into picture (Also, don’t forget the kind of money Abramovich poured to make fans in UK alone!! He gave away free scarves and other merchandize to make sure Stamford Bridge have Blue color!!!)… Now the newer generation are drawn towards ManC; with the similar philosophy to Abramovich’s money spend and bring in star players etc. ManC are luring away the new generation towards them… Now I am definitely not saying all the fans are like this, but 95% of Indian Football fanatics have become fans like this or they have been influenced by their friends… If people beg to differ, then please do let me know what made you the fan of the club you follow… (For my story, refer here)
I got a comment from one of the Blog readers regarding players look good on YouTube Videos and flatter to deceive when we actually see them. To this I would like to say, we don’t have to look at those videos in search of how many goals are scored by him. We need to see how good he was in taking forward runs, how many time he got into a good position, how many times he actually lost his marker, how many decoy runs he took, how many times he has given a near perfect through ball, how many time he tried to dribble across the defenders, how was his commitment in winning the ball back etc etc… and then you get to know the real class of the person… You don’t need to check it in one video, there are many such videos which are floating around the net. We are the Gooners and our club plays the best technical football, hence we should try to look into the technical aspect of the game in players too, not just go by the hype.
Please do reply with comments, if you want me to write anything specific or you have any ideas for me, I would be taking them all into consideration. The main aim of this blog is to reach out to as many people as possible and make people love football and Arsenal; hence I would request you all to help me in this cause (Only if you like my blog :D). Also please don’t forget to vote on the player you want to see in Arsenal’s rank (Widget is on the right hand top corner), a writeup from my side would be coming on top two of the mentioned 5 players.
Until next time. Hail Gunners!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;